View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 04:38 AM   #7
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc-i View Post
Thanks again, Woody!
This may not be the right place to post this, but I feel compelled to once again shout the praises of Woody.
Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Woody’s place and picked up a super clean & practically new space-saver spare (it looks as if it has never been used) for $50.00. Woody even threw in a pristine cover for the spare and a new oil filter.
I first met Woody in 2013, when he sold me a pair of sport-seats. Over the years I have purchased other replacement parts from Woody, and each time Woody has been professional and quite fair.
The buying experience with Woody is second to none, but I think I value more just being able to talk to someone in person about my 986 who understands the car and how a Boxster enthusiast feels about Boxsters. Central Texas was cooler than normal Wednesday somewhere in the 80s, but it felt like it was well over 100 degrees. Yet Woody stood out there in the sun and spoke to me about his Boxster, the 2.7 liter engine he just took out, oil, selling parts (to Porsche owners vs owners of other makes), 997 & 991 owners coming to him for spare tires, driving a parade lap at COTA, his IMS bearing replacement and butterflies in Bastrop (while driving to Woody’s shop I ran into thousands of butterflies, it was like the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds and instead of attacking me the butterflies attacked my front bumper cover and my windshield), but I digress.
I just finished replacing the sparkplug tube that was leaking oil. The old tube was missing lip and the rubber gasket on the narrow end of the tube. I put a few miles on it to burn off all the oil on the headers, but I will know if the new sparkplug tube worked when I drive to work tomorrow. Oh by the way, Harbor Freight has a sale on 3-ton jack stands. A set of two are going for $25.00.
I cannot wait for something else to go wrong with my Boxster, it will give me an excuse to go see Woody.
MNC-I
Thanks again! I'm still drooling over your 996. I wish the 986 came with those colors