View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 05:11 AM   #11
Dr. Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbth
Welcome back , where have you been.Give us an update of your experiences in your 987.I use my 06 as my DD.I am a bit concerned about snow , even though that should be 5-6 months away in NJ..
Wow, thanks for noticing my absence. Nothing really going on here lately – just a lot of work and haven’t been on the board in a while. Nice looking car btw – very clean!

With regards to the snow, I was nervous at first, my experience in Mustangs really made me leery about RWD + snow, but the Porsche has performed flawlessly. Obviously you can’t drive like it is summertime, but the snow tires make driving in the winter as safe as possible. I feel better in my RWD Box w/ winter conties than in my wife’s FWD Toyota w/ all seasons. The real danger isn’t in the driving, it is in the stopping, and to that note, it doesn’t matter whether you have a FWD, RWD, or 4WD, you just want ABS and the appropriate tires. I suppose there could be clearance issues in very heavy snow, but I wouldn’t want to be out driving in that with anything anyway. There seems to be enough weight over the rear wheels where traction isn’t a problem.

In terms of experiences, it is coming up on 1 year of ownership for me and I love driving the car more than the day I bought it. My wife and I are still pouring over maps before we go most places, trying to pick out the best looking back-roads to take. It seems to be holding up well with the exception of the ebrake release. The button keeps getting stuck when I press it in to release the brake, so I keep a pair of pliers in the console to pull it back out again from time to time until I finally get around to taking the car in to have the problem corrected.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote