View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
Brucelee

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua6060
Local Dealership asked to reschedule the appointment until Next Wednesday when the master mechanic would be available...However during my courtesy phone call from the local New Orleans dealership, the service manager informed me that his master mechanic would be completely "re-certifying" the vehicle I'm not really sure what the question is or why......does anyone have any words of wisdom for me in this situation? What can I do to protect myself down the line since there seems to be some error or work not correctly completed by the original dealership that sold me the Boxster (Moffitt in Shreveport, LA)
Sounds like the original dealer either did NOT do the CPO certification at all or did not do it correctly.

The key points are:

Who is paying for this re-certification? Make sure you know in advance that it is NOT YOU!

What is the exact status of the CPO warranty right now? Right now, your VIN in the Porsche service computer should have the extended warranty date in it. If it does NOT, you have a world of trouble.

I would suggest you get your selling dealer on the phone and clarify exactly WHAT the H.. is going on!

Danger Will Robinson!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote