View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #5
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamBox View Post
I called my local dealer and they said I would need to change out the wiring harness to the tune of 10k.
Yikes.

Since you are swapping the entire seats and don't have to disassemble them like I did, the entire job should take less than an hour. The passenger seat should be "plug and play."

The driver's seat does require some re-wiring, but it goes quickly. The most difficult part is removing the existing seat from the car and putting the new ones in. They are pretty heavy and the lifting position is awkward. I recommend that you cover the door sills, steering wheel and center console with towels to avoid scratching anything.

I swapped both seat bases in my car and did the driver's seat in a friend's car. If your were local, I'd offer to do yours.

The 8-way seats are a big improvement over 2-way seats because you can make very fine adjustments to the seat bottom angle. On long trips I find myself changing the position frequently. Something that just wasn't practical with the two-way seats.

I hope to find a really nice set of 12-way power seats for my car someday.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote