View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #12
oranje

nice rant!

Nice rant

I used Creative MP3 players before I went to iPod. The old ones were nice and big and had good crumple zones, as the were made from metal. The last one I got was a Zen Micro - a small and cute piece of junk. I thought, GREAT, a removable battery, what a novel idea! Unfortunately, the flap holding the battery was badly engineered and falls off very easily.

One thing that Apple has is the best software. I always had issues with the Creative software, but iTunes just works. And with a little help from the French government, Apple might have to open up their software so you can download from non-Apple sites as well.

As for being made in China... I'm not sure that's fair. There's a lot of crap made right here in the US as well. And we all know that Boxster made in Germany or Finland have their fair share of initial issues as well.

Why did I switch to iPod? Well, and now it's time for my rant, the forever promised iPod - MOST link from Dension. Which was promised middle of last year and is STILL NOT AVAILABLE!!!

It's this type of accessories that make the iPod untouchable. There's no way any car or accessory manufacturer will make stuff for anything but the iPod: the economics simply don't work.

So to answer your real question... the #2 player in the market, Creative, blows as well... So you're kinda stuck...