View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #14
rkporshe

Was it residual or you had to redo the pipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyakubuke View Post
my oil tube and/or pipe had a crack according to my mechanic. it was leaking oil up top and eventually running down to drip on the floor. They wanted $1500 to replace it, I opted to do it myself.
Was able to to get the old one off and the new one on by removing the throttle and resonance tube and disconnecting the alternator and moving it out of the way. Couldn't find the torque specs for those bolts so I erred on the side of caution, not wanting to break the new one. within 50 or so miles I see that is is leaking worse than ever. got back into the engine (after finding the torque specs online) and tightened the bolts up to spec. after about 50 more miles it still seems to be leaking. I can smell burning oil, see a little smoke after driving and there are usually about a teaspoon of oil on my garage floor the next day.
I have read about using dielectric grease to coat the tube before putting it into the engine. is this just a lubricant thing or does it help seal it?

I'm going to drive it for a while more and see (hopefully) that it is just residual oil on the engine, but I am not optimistic.

Anyone have any similar issues?
I need to replace the oil hose, and want to make sure I do it right.
rkporshe is offline   Reply With Quote