View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
MARTHA

A good article, but….. When idiots drive fast and reckless on the street (or parking lot), idiots sometimes die. I’ve driven like an idiot more than a few times, but lets take responsibility for our actions. Had they been driving the speed limit he’d still be alive. Should we replace old tires yes, but old tires are not to blame for Paul Walkers death. Porsche’s response "The perils, risk, and danger were open and obvious and known to him, and he chose to conduct himself in a manner so as to expose himself to such perils, dangers, and risks, thus assuming all the risks involved in using the vehicle”… this says it all as far as I’m concerned.

I purchased a low mileage 987 but I realized the 10 year old original tires would have to be replaced and I ask a new set be installed before purchase. I should have negotiated the price and installed the tires myself, the seller installed a new set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires and I hate them. They are noisy and rough riding. I know some folk swear by them but I’ve never had any luck with Bridgestone.

I once upon a time purchased a set of Bridgestone for a Miata and replaced them after 500 miles, so while I don’t have money to burn I want something on my new baby that feels good to me.

So now I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do, as husker said, tires are so subjective, and reviews on TireRack are all over the place. Do I live with the (1000’ish mileage) Bridgestone’s or take a chance purchasing another brand. I’m not necessarily wanting performance, a spirited drive from time to time is all I will be doing, I’ll not be going to the track, in my ole age I simply want smooth and quiet.
MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote