View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Mig

Garage
Turn Signal / High beam Stalk

Hi.

I'm planning to take my '99 Boxster on a road trip this Friday for about 10 days; Vancouver to California. It'll be the first trip I've taken in this car since I bought it about 2 years ago. I've done a lot of work to it - including replacing the headlight switch this evening. However, the high beams and low beams still have switching issues.

Everything used to work well, but about a month ago the high beams would come on unexpectedly. If I jiggled the high beam switch they would go off. Eventually they were stuck on. I 'fixed' the problem by pulling the fuses until I could sort things out. Things continued alright for a couple of weeks and then the low beams stopped working.

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the turn signal / high beam stalk as I can sort of get things to work if I play with the switch and hold it just right.

I'm in the search for a replacement stalk. I didn't find anything on eBay so I thought I would check here. Like I said, I've put a new headlight switch in, but that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote