View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
mrk

It gets worse...

While the car seems to be able to shift between all gears except Park, it seems that none of the gears actually engage. When you press the gas pedal while in drive or reverse, the engine revs but the car doesn't move.

As you move the shifter between D, R and N, the lights on the instrument display change accordingly and the engine idle seems to change as though the transmission had changed gears, but the the wheels do not turn.

The car is presently stranded in a friend's driveway. The only thing left that I can think for me to do (within my capabilities) is to check the automatic transmission fluid level. I know this is supposed to be 'life time' ATF but perhaps the transmission has lost some fluid over the years. I just don't understand why I was able to drive it there and now suddenly it won't drive at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything else I can check? Could the problem be the multi function switch? I would like to check all obvious things before I tow it to the dealer or independent euro mechanic.
mrk is offline   Reply With Quote