View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #14
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hello Paul,

i've checked the wiring diagram. I don't think this is caused by the normal headlamp switch in the left of the dash.

If there would be a ground problem this would also affect turn signal and fog lights.

Both headlamps have individual fuses. Sicherung A1 (high beam left) and Sicherung A2 (high beam right). These fuses get their currency via a Terminal 56a. (BS 5/1). If there is a connection problem this would affect both high beam headlamps.

Have you checked the connections and cables high beam switch behind the steering wheel? Any modifications in that area?

The high beam lever can be pushed and pulled. Have you tested both ways?

Have you tested if there is currency running if you push or pull the lever?

Regards from Germany
Markus
Hi Markus,

I have tried both pulling and pushing the high beam lever. With both headlamp units removed from the car the high beam dashboard light illuminates and I can also measure 12v at both headlamp connector terminals for the high beams. It's only when I refit either of the headlamp units that the dashboard light no longer illuminates when I push or pull the lever and neither high beam works.

I have ordered a replacement headlamp dashboard switch but don't see how that will help with the high beams - the low beams, fog lights, parking lights and turn signal lights all work.

Thanks, Paul
Shandy is offline   Reply With Quote