View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
ttomtom

OBC enable with Durametric

Trying to enable the OBC on my 2001S I keep getting "On board computer is already enabled". Other times I get "Didn't receive the correct number of bytes ..." error.

I've read others here also had the exact same issue.

Durametric tech support said my OBC is enabled. Why can't I use it then?

I've done all the wiring. I have the newer instruments cluster and wired my up/down/forward/back buttons to pin 21,22,23,24 of the grey connector on the back of the instruments cluster. The other terminals of the buttons are connected to ground.

I've read that a gong sound is played and the trip counter resets when the OBC gets enabled. Had nothing like that.

I assume that pressing any of the buttons should bring up the OBC display. I just have the odo reading and the trip counter. No menu on the left. I keep pressing all the buttons but nothing happens. I guess even if Durametric says OBC is enabled it isn't.

If someone has any experience or got the same errors and found the solution please let me know.

Also, those who have OBC please confirm if pushing the stalk in any direction should make a change to my default odo/trip display.

Thank you

Last edited by ttomtom; 09-07-2016 at 03:50 PM.
ttomtom is offline   Reply With Quote