View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
silver-S
2002 Boxster S

Garage
FS: 986 6-sp transmission, rebuilt

BUMP. Still available. Make me an offer!

Hi, folks,

Last year, my 2nd gear synchro gave up the ghost and the rebuild kit was unavailable anywhere (we went all the way to PCNA and Stuttgart, with no luck). So I bought a used tranny and left the old one sitting in the back room at my indy mechanic's shop.

He eventually found a NOS rebuild kit and finished the overhaul last week. Now, I have a spare refurbished 6-speed transmission and am offering it for sale for the amount I have invested in the rebuild. The shop owner is Porsche factory trained and did the work himself.

The other gears worked smoothly when the transmission was removed from the car, but I can't make any warranty on it. The mechanic has a 12-month warranty on the repair and has been known to go to extraordinary lengths for great customer service. The rebuild kits have almost DOUBLED in price since he got this one, so if you're figuring how much it will cost to do yours, figure $750, instead of $450.

So this transmission is yours for $1928 plus shipping. This is around the price of used transmissions without a rebuild on eBay. We'll strap it to a palette and ship it by freight to you or to your mechanic's garage. I estimate the shipping charge to be around $300 (what I paid to get the replacement tranny shipped to me).

I accept PayPal.

Last edited by silver-S; 10-20-2016 at 07:52 AM.
silver-S is offline   Reply With Quote