Thread: Yaewp
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Wintermute

Yaewp

I know, I know - Yet Another Extended Warranty Post. But this is not quite the same as others. Here's the deal. I've had my 02 S for about 2 months now, and the factory warranty will be expiring next month. The car has 35k miles on it currently and is used as a daily driver. I just had it into the Porsche dealer (who, thankfully, have treated me very well) for an inspection and to have my door armrest covers replaced (the coating started to peel off). Oh and to get the door locks reprogrammed. Total cost: $0.

Anyway, they gave the car a thorough inspection for free and said everything is in great shape. Nothing was leaking, all the seals, belts, hoses, etc. were fine, and the engine is running well. Now to get a full extended warranty from WarrantyDirect (including emissions) for 4 years/75k miles will cost me about $2800 with a $100 deductible, or $3200 with a $0 deductible.

I'm torn as to whether or not I should spring for the warranty. I can deal with most repair costs, but a $5-10k engine replacement i can't. Well I could but it would make me very grumpy

So based on the fact that it's a low milage car with no history of problems and just passed an inspection from Porsche, how worth it is an extended warranty?
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote