View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 07:58 AM   #6
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hello,

as Gelbster said, i don't think you'll get much HP from ported heads.

At the moment we have some rebuilts over here in Germany. One guy has rebuilt his engine lately and i think he has also ported the heads of his 228 HP 2.7; besides some other things like intake mods etc. He is still breaking in the engine, so no dyno results. At the moment he is trying a very interesting approach by modifying the original Porsche 5-speed gearbox with Audi gearbox parts, so he will have a 20 - 15% lower gearing over all gears. Means the maximum speed of the car will be lower, but acceleration will be faster. Still not finished, but if he's successful this could be an interesting mod for track cars.

Regards, Markus
Is that work a full gearset or a more simple approach of changing the final drive?

I've made enquiries in the UK re a lower final drive and whilst I want to do it I can't justify the cost right now.
Sold: 986S - Zenith Blue - 18" Sport Classics - Black Zunsport grilles - Stainless silencer and manifolds - K&N panel - shortshift - M030 suspension - 75mm throttle body - custom 83mm intake - SmartTop - custom remap - MDS underdrive pulley
edc is offline   Reply With Quote