Thread: Reflection
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #4
jakeru

Your seat pictured doesn't look like standard 986 dare to me. 986's have plastic "hooks" as you call them. (But really what they are are seat-back release levers... You lift up either one, and you can fold the seat back forward to access the area behind the seat )

I haven't noticed problems with dashboard reflections in my 986, but it's a black dashboard and also it's a 986 and not a 987 (which does have a different interior.). I have noticed problems with the secondary reflection in the rear view mirror, however, being distracting with the top down. (On a usual hard top car, I find the headliner is not much to reflect, but with the top down, bright trees or other things can cause much brighter and distracting secondary reflections. Solution to that might be using one of those electrically tinting rear view mirrors, but I'll probably just live with it. Oh, there are additional reflections from the windstop piece also, although the worse rear view problem I have at the moment with the top up is the foggy and distortion-inducing plastic rear window. A fix for that is going to the glass rear window. Best of luck!