Thread: Reflection
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
MARTHA

Reflection

I felt I deserved a break today so I took a spirited drive down lonely stretches of newly paved country roads. I only had to share the road with a few motorcycles (why weren’t they at work), so many grand vistas with striking scenery, It was such a joyful day.

So on to the reason for my post, I have discovered a huge problem with my new to me Boxster. You are not going to believe my one HUGE complaint, You see the reflection of the dash in the windshield. It is really really bad, its actually horrible. The image is there in both the sun and shade. I know this may sound like a tiny issue to some of you reading this but let me tell you if you can’t see well it makes for a stressful day. Not only was it hard to see where I was going but it made it hard to judge speed and distance. I don’t know if its the beige dash (Ive always had black), or some cleaning solution the previous owner put on the inside (or even outside maybe) of the windshield, or some weird chemical makeup of the windshield from the manufacture, I don’t know the cause. After the long drive today it made me nauseated. It made me dizzy. Didn't ruin my drive, but it sure put a damper on it. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any ideas what I can do to alleviate the problem?

Also today I discovered little upside down hooks on the outside edge of the seat backs, the hook is spring loaded and can be moved up and down, I don’t think it has anything to do with the seatbelt because I can’t incorporate it with the use of the seatbelt. Does anyone know the answer to this delima?

Thanks
MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote