View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 05:23 AM   #16
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
A few notes that may or may not help:
My second Boxster was a flood salvaged '01 that had sat with water-saturated carpet for a few months. The immobilizer/Central Locking Unit box under the seat had components that were corroded beyond repair. Some of the pins on the wire harness connector were also corroded.
-For the wiring, I got a new connector from Woody (User name itsnotanova) and spliced it on.
-With the box being unrepairable, I bought a used set off eBay (key fob, immobilizer box, and DME/ECU) for about $500.

-There is also a shop called ECUDoctors.com that repairs them and sells waterproof boxes. Porsche 996 & Boxster ECU Test and Repair, Immobilizer Removal, and Performance Tuning Upgrades - Specialized ECU Repair

-Here's a link to how I got the frunk open:
How to open hood when battery is good

-The padding under the carpet is like a sponge and it Will Not Dry on it's own. The moisture remaining there can corrode your CLU box again. The carpet has to be removed, or lifted while air is circulated underneath.
Oh no, another...