View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #1
hazardc

Immobilizer got moist. no start, random other issues. car stuck!

I'll get to the point, since this could have likely been prevented by being more alert/active in keeping water OUT :ah: (and drilling a hole!)

We had some pretty heavy rain over the past week, I noticed the other night on the way home that my alarm seemed to trigger for a brief moment while driving... no other effects.

Last night everything seemed fine, but the alarm was randomly triggered a couple times.

I went to start the car.. nothing.. I could still arm and disarm the alarm with the fob.. everything else (EXCEPT THE TOP) worked fine.

SO I CHECKED THE BATTERY, IT IS FINE! (getting that out of the way)

Never have had moisture under the drivers seat, but i parked on a decline in my driveway (usually park on an incline or level).

There was water under the front seat.. great.

I got out as much as i could.. even left a small space heater in the car with the window cracked last night to dry to get out excess moisture (made sure it wasn't going to get too hot)

Today I went out, sun is shining brightly, and it's around noon... I got in the car and put the top down (yay, that works again) but quickly found out no matter what i do, the trunks are now locked (can open back with fob and the alarm sets/doors lock/unlock)

I've left it sit with seats both up, forward as can be, etc

The alarm has randomly went off one time. still no response from the car, still no way to get access to the front trunk that I know of (i can jump this connection, right?)

From what i can deduct, this thing is on the fritz and possibly fried.. I am guessing since the locking system is still working to some extent along with other functions that it is not yet completely dead.

Pull everything out and dry it out? I have zero experience with getting these seats out

Has anyone ever gotten their car working again from a situation like this? I am GUESSING the fuse on the box is still going to be good given that some things are still working.

My question: Is there anything else I can do right now to try to diagnose this other than getting everything dry as the sahara? Please take into consideration the other external factors. I am not sure how all of these other "gremlins" tie in with the immobilizer.. is this all in the same box? All on the same fuse? Any tricks to getting the trunks to unlock so i can get to the battery?
hazardc is offline   Reply With Quote