View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 05:08 AM   #1
alankitchener

ticking when warm

Meant to add this to my post about clutch, but forgot, so hears another question I have. My S has a slight ticking noise on tickover (800 rpm) but goes at 1000 rpm and above , when warm ,but not their when moving. I noticed it more today as we had been for a run in this fantastic weather, and pulled up for my wife to post a letter and the door was open and top down and we were along side a hedge, so it probably was more noticeable.

From cold I get a ticking then it seems to go after about a second. Sometimes a little more noisey if car not used for a while, but still goes after about a second or two. I am not really that bothered about it, I know about the lifters not filling with oil very quickly, causing a noise, etc

The engine has been rebuilt with new chains, guides, rings, Mains shells, and LN ims bearing, etc.in 2014 (10k ago) and runs great, no noises under load, or when high reving.

Just wondering what ideas anyone has, or if they experience a similar noise when warm. I certainly wont be tearing the engine just yet. Thanks alan