View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
CrisZenithBlue

"not another MAF thread" but hear me out..

according to Pelicans and warehouse33auto websites the MAF can differ from chassis to chassis.
Ex: "Application Notes: Air Mass Sensor (From chassis # 986YS620415; chassis # 980YU625100)" when you try to buy one.

can this make a difference in how the car will run with a MAF? i have both a genuine Porsche MAF that was on the car when i bought it and a cheaper Bosch MAF that i bought myself while in the process of diagnosing a couple of codes P1133 and P1126.

also, both MAFs were bought for a 2000 2.7l engine which blew and i now have replaced the engine with a 2001 2.7l with 21,000 miles on it. both MAFs were tested on the new engine with the codes popping up again.

i would imagine the new MAF works well (although there have been reports of new ones being bad), could it be that the MAFs i have dont match because they were for a different year or for a different chassis?

since i bought the engine used i might be screwed in trying to find out the chassis number to get the proper MAF.
also, i just had a smoke test done and everything is tight so its not a vacuum leak. AOS is newish and fine, i checked for the regular symptoms.
car is running fine and making power in all ranges but idle is a bit rough with fluctuations of 1-200 RPMs.

any thoughts?

thanks,

Cristian

Last edited by CrisZenithBlue; 08-16-2016 at 10:16 AM.
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote