View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #8
paulofto
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead2501 View Post
Yes indeed, a $20K hit. The main reason for selling was I never was able to gain any confidence in the car. The engine failure was 2 weeks after buying the car. I was glad to find Flat6Innovations. High priced indeed but I was willing to spend the money because I was convinced the guys up there had more experience with this engine than anyone. They were very professional and did the rebuild within weeks. There were a couple of disappointments. When I went to pick the car up they told me my right front fan was not working and I could go to Reenlist for a easy fix. Seems after spending $14K they could have at least diagnosed the problem. Turns out it, after taking it to another shop closer to home, the fan was unplugged. The other thing was the dreaded CEL came on after having the car back a week. Call them and they said oh you probably didn't tighten the gas cap. Nothing to worry about. Then on a road trip halfway to Savannah I lost 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears. I hobbled the car back home, abandoning the trip, and someone on this site actually helped me find the problem. One of the lineage cables had come off. Birthday was coming up so I had to address the CEL. $1500. for 2 evaporative emission valves. One more week passes, CEL wonderfully reappears. Back to the shop, another $500. for a third evaporative emissions valve. Quick get the emissions done!!! Another week passes and the car starts overheating. Final straw.
I was at the point where I didn't even want to drive the car anymore. I didn't even like seeing it in my garage when the door raised. Thus, my Porsche ownership experience was a painful experience. Glad it's behind me.
And so far no response or reaction from flat 6 inno?
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote