View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #1
Need_for_speed

Suspension Refresh -- help me spend my $$$

I bought my 2000 Boxster Base back in January and immediately checked-off a long list of upgrades (IMS, RMS, clutch, etc., etc.,). I've been driving the car for about 4 months and now, with the hot weather and the car warmed-up, I have that nasty clatter over bumps coming from the right rear...most likely the trailing arm. So now I'm considering doing a partial suspension refresh.

Considering what I just spent on the car this past winter, I need to watch the budget. I'd love to do the Pelican complete suspension refresh, but $3k is way more than I want to spend. I'll likely refresh the entire suspension eventually...just not all at once. For right now, I can scrape together around $1k for parts. I'm thinking I'll do the front and rear trailing arms and drop links, front and rear sway bar bushings, and the inner and outer tie rods. That adds-up pretty close to a grand. Let me know what you guys think. Are these the parts with the highest wear?

I wish I could do the coffin arms, but damn...that's a grand right there for a set of four.

I'd love to do the Tarrett drop links, but that would wipe out half my budget, and I'm not sure it's worth it for me. I will probably do a DE day or two in the near future, but most of my driving is street.
Need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote