View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 11:56 AM   #11
DarkStar

Garage
Gelbster I didn't misunderstand which bushings. I know exactly which bushings and all about the sticky finger test. But by the time I found out about it I already had the case off and don't need to stick my finger through the hole to inspect for grease... I just looked at the covered magnet. And I know the bearings are gone.

And holy crap thank you for that info. Luckily a very reputable transmission guy works for me... And luckily I habr a cnc machine readily available. I'm shocked at the level of info you gave compared to searches.

And I seriously have been searching for a while. It's been very cryptic. Trying to locate info on parts and tools. But luckily Im setup on tools. Just need to find parts at good prices. As for used transmission... Well 800 bucks minimum isn't exactly worth it to me for something that's prob already mildly damaged... These transmissions are known for this bearing failure and 2nd gear issues. So I don't see why I should do that anymore. A year ago I did. I didn't wanna deal with it. But now, I'd rather rebuild.

Gawd that's soo cool of you.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk