View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
MWS

I forgot the obvious question...do you have a service history? If the previous owner looked after, did you get, or can you contact? If he was the type of "always Porsche serviced", the shop should have records, BUT...for some reason shops purge their records if car hasn't been in for an amount of time.

Another thing would be with old fuel... Ethanol added fuels can gel after a time, would be worth the money to run some Techron through (not a plug, use what you like). You might want to have battery health checked, and (as was mentioned) tires. Other than that, a good service would be recommended.

Last thought (and not trying to be gloomy), but the water pump can be another known point of failure...nothing to do with setting around, just something you might want to keep in mind. Even something as stupid as the coolant overflow cap can be an issue, be worth the money to make sure you have the latest revision.

Oh, look at the time.... I should be going for my daily pleasure drive. Some people walk the dog, I drive a Porsche. It's a chore, sigh....
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote