View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
Auf los!

Well, since replies to this thread were a long time in coming, I resorted to the web to try to find this answer. The Moll website had nothing on maintenance, I guess they are more interested in selling me a new battery. Mind you, my battery has been acting fine, but after reading on this board about a recent battery explosion from exposed plates, I thought I would take a look inside my battery. I've been driving for 45 years, but amazingly, this is the first time I ever felt compelled to look inside a battery! My plates were not exposed, but only just.

I couldn't find any reference to these brackets I have...most of the how-to sites I looked at said to fill the battery up right to the bottom of the tubes the caps screw into. So I added enough distilled water to bring the levels to just below the brackets, just in case the brackets are the indicators. If they are not the indicators, what they heck are they?, I figure.

I'd be interested in knowing if others fill right up to the bottom of the tubes.