View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #2781
DRGETZ
Okinawa986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Ferris View Post
I want to put CV joints on them and use them on my 01 S. The par ts car is a 98. Are they the same?
To find parts compatibility/part numbers perform the following tasks online:

1) Go to an online PORSCHE parts dealer/retailer like Circle Porsche Parts , Sunset, or Pelican and enter car year/make/model information (e.g. 1998 PORSCHE Boxster)
2) Type "rear axle" in Search box
and click enter/go.
3) Locate and write down the OEM Porsche part number for the complete axle assembly.
4) Repeat steps with different year/model.
5) Compare the OEM part numbers to determine if they use the same part.
6) You can also email or call any of the retailers above. I've contacted all three and they've proven helpful.

Note different axles for auto and manual transmission and perhaps for 5 and 6 speed manual transmission.

I like the diagram links Circle Porsche Parts provides with most items so you can view and verify the part(s) you plan to purchase and also see the associated parts...CPP also has very competitive prices on genuine Porsche parts and ships USPS to my military address overseas whereas Sunset does not.

Hope this helps...

Here's a link to my 2000 S 6 speed Manual Axle Assembly

https://www.porschepartsnow.com/parts/2000/Porsche/Boxster/Roadster%20S/?siteid=215959&vehicleid=8872&section=UNIVERSALS%20%26%20REAR%20AXLE
Purchased May 2016
w/41.5k Miles

Last edited by DRGETZ; 08-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.
DRGETZ is offline   Reply With Quote