View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #28
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I bought my boxster at an insurance auction because the immobilzer got wet from a clogged drain valve. I got it out of Houston where it rains a lot. I brought it home to the Austin area where it sat for 5 summer months without a drop of rain hitting it. My floor carpet still had a lot of moisture even after 120+ days of 90-100 degrees. The insulation on the carpet lets water in like a sponge but doesn't easily let it out. I would also remove the floor carpet and let it dry out for a few days if you can.
+1 on that!
I worked on a 98 that had a rip in the passenger foam tray, I pulled passenger side carpet and insulation and was amazed at how much water the insulation held. It was very heavy to remove and I wrung it out like a huge sponge.

It took a day or two in the sun before it dried out enough to put everything back together. No problems after fixing the tray.

My lesson in this was my passenger carpet felt wet up toward the front of the car. I spent a while investigating front drains and condenser drain.

The carpet being wet up front was just an indication of how much water the insulation had absorbed.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote