Thread: Worth a read
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #8
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
My only nit as a 986.2 owner are the subjective criticism of the face lift looks. I prefer the looks, especially shape of the 4 bow top, the minor front and rear bumper changes, and the color matching steering wheel. The glass rear window and glove box were big advances in practically and function, and definitely factored into my decision vs the original gen.
I'm with you.

I retrofitted an 04 top and frame on my 00 and the glass rear window and headliner make the car more usable. The plastic rear window cheapened the car. A glove box would be nice as well, but I don't think that is a simple swap. I have a black interior so I had a color-matched steering wheel from the start.

I also "de-ambered my car and l would not go back to the amber indicators.

Part of the fun of owning an old car is being able to modify it. I've added a lots of bits and pieces over the years and each one makes the car feel new to me. http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/55759-de-changed-some-interior-items.html

If I had a concours car I doubt I would do that or drive it as often as I do the Boxster.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote