View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #3
imari
New Porsche Fan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
Replied in the other thread but found the link to a company that can also repair the board and sell you a Waterproof case to prevent this from happening again.

Porsche Boxster & 996 Immobilizer Waterproof Case Enclosure

edit: found the other post recommending ISO Alcohol.

So the long process is over. The issues was the Immobilizer. I was saved when I read this post from Pedro and i suggest anyone who runs into an issue with their's, try this first before replacing:
"Try removing the driver's seat and then the CLU.

Disconnect it from its harness, remove it from the car and open the case.

Remove the printed circuit board and dunk it in a shallow recipient and cover it with isopropyl alcohol.

Shake it well so the alcohol penetrates all the spaces, in particular between the chips and connections.

Then, let it dry. You can accelerate the drying by using a hair dryer in the cool mode.

Dry out the inside of the case if it had humidity and put everything back together.

If it was water causing the problem, it should now work fine.

We have saved many CLUs this way."

Thanks everyone for your help!
Good news....I dried the circuit board and enclosure, gently cleaned the board with a toothbrush, reconnected everything....and just like magic, she started right up!!! Problem solved. I do plan on finding the source of the leak and getting the waterproof case. I am relieved that I didn't have to drop another stack of cash to figure this out. The ONLY problem so far is that my airbag light is on and my interior dome light stopped working...smh. Go figure. I'll work on that part tomorrow
2008 Black VW Eos
2010 Charcoal Ford Flex
imari is offline   Reply With Quote