View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #15
imari
New Porsche Fan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Sorry to hear about your experiences with the Porsche, Imari. As an aside, I'm curious how your experience has been with the 2006 Maserati QP listed in your signature. Did you buy it used and how has that been?

I'm happy to see Porsche is top in appeal by JD Power for 12 years, but IMHO, JD Power is a for-profit entity and if a company wants to hire JD Power to come up with a survey that they can win, JD Power will do it. Every big company, not just car companies, can point to a JD Power survey showing them as No. 1 in something.

Back to the issue of older car maintenance, I bought my 2003 S new 13 years ago, and now have almost 62,000 miles. I have done the IMS, RMS, AOS, water pump, serpentine belt, oil fill tube, spark plugs and coil packs twice, front brakes once, and have had bent wheels trued and replaced 2 rear tires damaged with sidewall blisters. I'm getting to the point where repairs may start to be needed more regularly, but I know the history of my car and am going to keep it for a while (but I do lust after a Cayman S, GTS or GT4!).

If you decide to buy another, as others have said, look to buy a well-maintained car with records and known ownership history!
I love the QP...I've had it for about a year or so now and LOVE driving it. No offense to Porsche owner but the Maserati is sooooo addictive. I got it used (a 2006 with only 22,000 miles on it). So far so good - no serious repairs. A few things needed to be fixed but nothing that killed me financially. I am actually considering upgrading to the Gran Tourismo soon....I've considered a GTS too BUT I'm really gun shy with Porsche now.
2008 Black VW Eos
2010 Charcoal Ford Flex
imari is offline   Reply With Quote