View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 05:18 AM   #1
nmdarby54

Oil Pressure Light???

Hey guys, 2 days ago my oil pressure light briefly came on and I'm hoping its due to nothing major going on? A little background, 2001 2.7 liter, I recently hit 131k miles. I have replaced IMS, RMS, all oil changes have been on schedule since I purchased the car @ 109k miles.

I'm hoping the sensor went off due to the outside temp. I had driven about 50 miles and I was reversing a few hundred feet into a parking spot, and when I pulled in I noticed the light had come on, not a blinking pressure light, just stayed solid. I went into work for about an hour, came back out, cranked the car up, no smoke from exhaust, no oil pressure light, drove it home about 10 miles on the interstate, got on it pretty good and nothing. Oil level was normal ( i'm about 500 miles away from another oil change), so my optimism leads me to believe that this pressure light was possibly due to the extreme outside temps in Mississippi, and the heat made the oil get so thin that it triggered the sensor? i have occasional smoke on start up (once every 20 or so startups). I checked the aos which I have no idea if it is original or not, not hard to remove oil cap when engine is cranked although there is a decent amount of vacuum. So I am replacing the aos within the next few weeks.

Has anyone else had an issue like this before? and any suggestions or opinions on what maybe triggered the light to come on?

thanks guys
nmdarby54 is offline   Reply With Quote