View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #5
Erik Johnson

Hey there Guys,

The Radium King reminded me that I forgot to mention one of the very best features of the OS Giken LSD. Nearly ZERO maintenance. Yep it seems unlikely that this would be the case if you have ever been inside of a typical plate type differential so let me explain why this one is different.

In your typical plate type differential you have two plates, one is a plane plate which is smooth, (think flywheel), and one friction disc, (think clutch friction plate). These come together to form a internal clutch. The more clutches you have, the less heat that gets generated. There are additional benefits to more clutches, but that is not really the point here.

The friction plates on your typical plate type differential use a carbon material, or some other friction generating spray that wears off over time, and depending on how aggressive it is, also wears off metal on the plane plate. Once enough of this has worn off, the differential then begins to lose grip, and starts to behave more like a open differential. The OS Giken will not do this.

Because the OS Giken has 24 plates internally, it divides the work load in a much better way. The plates internal to the differential have NO sprayed on friction material, so there is nothing to wear away and contaminate the oil. It is a really cool way of doing things, I have to say.

You don't need any special oils, no rebuilding once a year, and lap after lap consistency. These differentials generate less heat so they are far more consistent than others on the market.

I could go on and on about these, so if you have more questions please give me a call I will be happy to answer anything you might have.

Best Regards,

Erik Johnson
The Race Line
(720) 899-6005 phone
Erik Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote