View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
DarkStar

Garage
Two oil Leaks.... Idea's?

This is my chance, to fix everything wrong with my car. I'm currently doing RMS, AOS, IMS, and Clutch. However when I pulled things apart, the clutch made a mess I had to clean. So I soaked the back side in degreaser and as much of the sides and bottom I could with a floor jack lifting my car. Everything cleaned up nicely.

However, it reminded me I have an oil leak. And looks like possibly two leaks. BUT, I want to make sure.

I know my AOS is bad, I have one on order, just waiting for it to show up. Can, or will the AOS Physically leak onto the top of the engine? or somewhere on the top have a line that could be cracked that is leaking oil onto the top of the engine? Its dripping on both sides. Mainly the side right up against where the AOS bolts down. I can only view soo much right now with my camera phone, till someone helps me remove the top.

I'm kinda thinking this is strictly AOS related. Because I know its bad and I've seen and heard it can really soak the inside of the intake manifold. So its best to take the entire manifold off and apart and clean it up. I'm sure I'll locate my leak then. But I am asking for idea's of where to look. Possibilities of what it could be that I can clean up and wait for it to leak.

OR

Would you be convinced its strictly AOS related? Here are the two pics I got.... You can see that strange canister, which IDK what it is..... Its leaking from there, around it is soaked and has puddles of oil. When I dry its base with a towel, it quickly soaks back up and you can see the oil seep through. As for behind the AOS mounting bracket, this is severely soaked, I dipped my finger in it and came out with a lot of oil. So looks like I'm going to remove the intake manifold while the car is down waiting for the IMS, plug the intake ports and degrease the top end. Just wanna know if there is a hose or something I should be on the lookout for while I'm taking things apart.

Here is the AOS bracket and top of engine.

Originally I thought these leaks were RMS related, but seems my RMS is still good, its just a lil crooked, so I decided to order a new one anyway.

Anyway, toss your idea's at me. Car runs like a champ, extremely powerful for what it is. But I do notice some idle fluctuations....