View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
Carlisabadman986

Considering selling, looking for advice

Hello all,

I am currently faced with a dilemma which many of you have prob faced and many porsche owners before us have gone through. I am expecting my first child. My 01 has been my daily driver for 5 years and I have loved it. Has been very good to me and has not cost me much outside of routine maintenance and a few minor repairs. My wife bless her heart has given me the ok to keep the car but we both agree I need something that will be able to transport all three of us. I see two options,

1. Keep the Boxster and get into a cheap daily driver. Look for a reliable accord or comparable car. Pedestrian but reliable fitting my needs. Budget would prob be around $10K

2. Sell the boxster and get something sporty that will still work to move the wife and the baby. Would have the extra money from selling the Boxster and would most likely spend more since it would be my only car. Total budget including trade $$ would be roughly $25k. Something like a GTI or WRX or even a FRS/BRZ ( jalopnik did a story years ago and the final verdict was it could work with a baby)

I have thought a lot about the pros and cons to both, if I sell the 986 how far along in my life will I be before I get something that will bring me as much pleasure? With 100k on the odometer is now a good time to move on? Etc etc

Any advice or wisdom anyone can share would be greatly appreciated as well as any recommendations on what vehicle I should look into if I go with option 2.

Thank you