View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #15
Luv2Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc-i View Post
Luv2Box,

I have a 99 Boxster I purchased in 2009 with about 104,000 miles. It currently has 283,000 miles.

Yes all the plastic and rubber parts do tend to deteriorate.

Mine is running just fine, but my passenger side low beam headlight when out three days ago. I am toying with the idea of having the dealer replace the bulb. This is because when my driver's side low beam went out about two years ago I broke the plastic clip that holds the clip the headlight unit plugs into. After spending hours taking off my front tire and wheel well liner, I still found no joy. My independent mechanic was able to repair it and also repair the very brittle wires in the headlight unit that had lost all their insulation.

I've replace the factory seats with sport seats (thanks Woody), replaced a passenger side axle (thanks woody), replaced the CDR220 and put on later model 17 inch wheels.

I've had only one oil leak and that was a bad oil sending unit.
The light on my odometer goes out, but comes back on every so often. I can live with that.

MNC-I
My driver's side headlight has the same clip broken and I'm dreading the bulb burning out because it will have to be replaced. Thanks for the heads up I'll have my indy do it.
I'd love to have sport seats in mine but Boxster Red Sport seats are a needle in a haystack to find and super expensive when they rarely come up, or they are in such poor condition they'd have to be recovered.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote