View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
DarkStar

Garage
Just got the new, and TESTED Working with Video Proof HVAC Controls from Woody, same thing. I can tell the controls are working, you can hear the flapper moving for heat or cool temps. But AC Light doesn't turn on, and fans don't turn on wither using AC button or not and heat or cold. I saw someone mention a similar problem, where he would remove the plug from the blower, and the AC Light would turn on and compressor would engage..... which lead him to believe the blower was bad. I tried that.... atleast I think I did, I pulled a 2 pin plug from the blower motor assy.... and nothing changed. I even tested the two pin plug for voltage, got nothing.

So what next? Remember this isn't exactly AC Specific. I'm sure I can go outside right now and jump the compressor clutch without issue.... But I also guarentee the wire to the clutch isn't getting any power due to whatever sends the power, isn't sending the power due to whatever this problem is. Plus with that said, even with AC off, and trying heat.... no fan.

And a reminder, the issue started with the Fan/HVAC system taking a short while to turn on, and it would turn on, then off, on then off, and then finally on. Then it took longer.... and longer. Till one day it didn't turn on at all. HVAC Controls move around as if its like it is trying to turn things on but nothing is turning on.....

Some sort of Resistor or what not that could be blower related maybe? Causing the system to trip out? Please don't tell me the ECU controls this shat! I've about had it up to here (points above his head) with these stupid random german car quirks. About ready to convert it all to manual controls. 12v switch to engage the clutch, regulated 12v pot to control the fan speed and a knob with a cable to switch between hot and cold like older cars used to have.

I had a BMW in Service the other day, we spent hours trying to figure out their AC.... why it just randomly stopped working. It went into whats called Transport Mode which disabled the AC and Defroster and who knows what else. So only the dealership could disable this mode. STUPID!