View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #13
chaiyz

Garage
Excellent! I'll PM you my number and address. This is my second Boxster. I purchased a 1999 Tip 2.5 in 2002 and had it for 6 years. Never had any issues with it other than MAF and wierd heated seat problems. Seats only worked on the hottest days of the year and when it was hot, they'd come on for no reason. Never when it was cool or cold though. I sold the car hoping to buy a 996 S4 but that deal fell through at the PPI.

Then in March of this year I found a one owner 2001 S model 6speed that was at Brumo's for trade-in. I had a friend there and he called me and I was able to get the car (as auction car)out the door for 8k. She has 118K but has very good service history and I figured if I did have an engine problem, I'd source a 3.4 from a 996 and do the swap.

So far I've replaced the motor mounts, engine oil, brake fluid and rear pads and rotors. I removed the door plastics, center console and shifter plastic and had them all painted brushed silver and cleared with 10 coats so it should last.
I've also added new dash and door speakers as well as 4x3.5 kickers in the back storage compartment. That was actually a fun project. I just ordered a 2003 instrument cluster pn 98664123300 which I'm told is the correct part to swap my non dot-matric to the dot-matrix display. I'm planning to wire a switch next to the radio but I won't have the cluster till the 27th.
One thing I did like about my old non-S model was the speedometer. I loved the digital speedo in the center. My 2001 has speed in the left small LCD and it's difficult to get used too.
Anyway , I love my car and love working on them. Anytime you want some company, just send me a text or hit me up here.

Glad to have met you@!

Chaiyz