View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 08:32 AM   #1
Robsy128

Boxster Passenger Door Doesn't Open/Locking Issues

Hi all,

I bought my Porsche Boxster (very first Porsche!) a few months ago and there have been a couple of odd faults that I'm hoping to get resolved.

The most prevailant issue is that the passenger door doesn't open. It seems to be an issue with the central locking system. My key only works when I put it in the driver-side door (the buttons don't seem to work at all, so I have to manually do it). As soon as I open the door, I have to put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on, otherwise the alarm starts sounding. It's then that my passenger can't open the door from the outside, so I have to open it from the inside.

However, there's nothing wrong with the door itself as after a 5 minute drive down the road, my passenger can get out, close the door, walk around without us locking it and it opens fine. I was wondering what might be the cause of this (if anyone has any idea). Would I have to get the central locking system completely replaced? If so, how much would we be looking at? I live in the UK so I'll have to find someone who can do it for me.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Robsy128 is offline   Reply With Quote