View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 07:48 AM   #1
2000986s

White Smoke... What's wrong?

Hey guys,

About a month ago, I was having some fun driving my 2000 s hard. I was in 4th gear at ablut 5k rpms, shifted into 5th and started blowing white smoke out the exhaust. Pulled over, turned car off, let cool down, re started, more smoke, then smoke cleared and car ran fine after that. Blew a little smoke on a cold start the morning after, but then nothing. No CEL, no weird sounds, no bad start ups, no smells, totally fine. I did some research and everything seemed to point to my oil air separator. Well I was about to replace my IMS anyways so I went ahead with that and had my mechanic check everything out at the same time just in case. He said the separator looked totally fine and nothing else seemed to be wrong with the car and it wasnt coding anything. Fast forward three weeks to yesterday. Again, I was driving my car hard. I was at almost 6k rpms in third having some fun with a 350z, shifted fourth then quickly into fifth and again blew white smoke. However this time it went away right away until I turned the car off an hour later and started it up again, when it again blew white smoke just temporarily as if it was ridding itself of it. Now its running totally fine again, no weird sounds or codes or anything. Is something wrong with my car? Am i causing any damage by driving it daily still? I'm not going to drive hard very often but it's still nice to know that I could if I wanted to.

Thanks in advance!
2000986s is offline   Reply With Quote