View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #11
FauxDiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Geez, can imagine when all of those parts flying off and peppering out in a dense populated area. Terrorist stuff (not unicorn man)

If really you and others are worried about your bearings, please invent what should have been invented at the very first place and perhaps a long time ago.

This is 2016 now guys :/ Not 1972. Soon to be 2017 if some are not aware.

It is as bloody simple as using piezo-like vibration sensor ported onto the flange or anywhere near the center of that rotating mass. With today’s inexpensive real-time capable telemetry (micro-computers) and as simple as downloading often affordable SDKs (Siemens’s LMS Test.Lab for instance, many others), you can compile an app that aggregate real-time data (and it’s in the 1~2Ghz fast). Sync the emergency switching to the car’s ignition and voila, you won’t have to worry about a bearing blowing-up unexpectedly.

Not that it not feasible, I've already seen some cabling/tubing being drilled into that flange.

^ Mind you I haven’t invented any of that rant; already works for aerospace, transportation, military, can’t imagine it not working for a silly little 911 bucket car.

PLEASE BE SERIOUS DEAREST IMS INVENTORS: Call it PATTENT # IMS986996

RE shinny bearings; even if they are made out of Wurtzite (boron nitride), diamond, silicon carbide, etc etc etc There is still no way (in 2016!) to tell when it’s about to fail.

Get to work, save a Porsche (or more!). Thanks you very much and have a amazing day
I love your posts.

Also...Could someone just isolate the OBD2 equivalent of something that constantly monitors camshaft deviation? All it would have to do is start screaming when it realizes that the pattern is that of one chain side slacking and the other chain side tightening really fast and forming a "wave" readout of some sort, which would indicate that the rear of the IMS shaft is is moving in an eccentric or orbital path around the bearing (axially disturbed).

Last edited by FauxDiablo; 07-16-2016 at 06:17 AM.
FauxDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote