View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 03:53 AM   #6
Nine8Six

Markus - the app uses adaptive learning tech. It doesn't need to know the differences between a good and bad bearing.

All it needs is to evaluate is fluctuations in acoustics/vibrations using (aggregating). E.g. if the curve goes UP and does not stabilize back to its original learning curve, it simply errors out.

Error; dash light; you just won't be able to start your car. Simple as that

Works even if installed while the bearing is currently in the process of failing. That curve will deviate every miles the car makes and just won't pass the learning stage anyway.

Now THAT is a fail proof system and permanent peace of mind solution.

I'm tempted to give it a shot with relevant engineering talents but unfortunately this IMS business has nothing to do with me.

What I would like/LOVE to see is a community joined-force. A NEW thread in the DYI calling on talents to associate and building a "modern" solution for our beloved Porsche cars.

E.g. I'll be the guy who machine the parts and model assemblies. You can be the Electrical engineer, and John Doe will be the data acquisition engineers. You get my point. Sales/profits to be shared among the dev team. Read FULL transparency, open source if you prefer

Last edited by Nine8Six; 07-16-2016 at 03:56 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote