View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
DarkStar

Garage
Diagnosing HVAC Controls?

I've been searching and obviously I'm not looking in the right spot. I remember seeing something around the web about the HVAC being voltage Strict. I did a Blue LED Color Change to my HVAC Unit. It came out flawless. But I did notice right away which I noted on the post I made last year about it, that it took a short time, like 30 seconds for the fan to kick on. But then it got longer, the fan speed indicator would bounce up and down, the fan would start blowing, stop, start blowing and then finally kick on. AC Is cold as heck too. I haven't done performance tests on the AC but the fan doesn't blow at all. Nor does the AC Indicator come on. It just does this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jKeGEcdWko

Well, Its been working till a month ago. It took hours of driving for it to finally come on, now nothing. I've unhooked it, plugged it back up. Disconnected battery for 24hr. But I remember the thing about voltage not being right so after some research I find that apparently Color'ed LED's hold different voltage values. Say the same LED in Orange is 2.1v, but the same in Blue is 3.5v or to some extent. So I'm thinking maybe that is what is going on. The Display itself is way bright compared to the dim buttons. But I am only using a piece of paper to dicipate the light to look even on the display.

I do not have the old LED's anymore to put back in, some got destroyed on removal, and the rest I tossed once the unit was installed and looked amazing.

IDK what to do, except buy another Expensive unit, hoping that is my issue with why my HVAC system doesn't work. But Its getting bad, 110* days and rush hour traffic is taking the life out of me.