View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #19
FauxDiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Just to check it, you have done 99% of the work required to replace it, so why not just pull it and put in an LN replacement and be done with it?

And while you are at it, what size is the nut on that center bolt?
The nut, only judging from the photo (lol) appears to be about 14mm.

Not sold on a certain update bearing yet.

Actually, I am leaning towards the Pelican "replace-again-when-you-do-the-next clutch" bearing if I find a brittle seal issue...and if the seals are still intact/supple, I may just wrap it back up...or I may even go with the Nachi bearing that has a higher heat resistance in the seals. Not sure yet.

It's too bad that an oblong/oval-roller-shaped bearing is not available...it would be at home in that position and give a little bit of yield against a torsional "wobble", unlike the standard roller bearing, and be able to take more of a load unlike a standard ball bearing. Sigh.

There is another issue that is never brought up .... "German engineering" does not necessarily add credence to "German assembled"...they have cars there that were built after noon on a Friday as well. ... wasn't even assembled in Germany. It was assembled in a country that is more in-line with Russia than Germany.... alot more Fridays in Finland if you catch my drift.

Last edited by FauxDiablo; 07-13-2016 at 09:21 PM.
FauxDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote