View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
jakeru

Hi Marcus, my 18" turbo-look twists are the same. Primered grey primered inner rim barrels (sort of a white/grey color, but without metallic flake or clear coat), and also the inside of the spokes are also the primer color - so only the outer face is the metallic look.

In fact, there is overspray of the metallic in only the inner barrels around the areas between the spokes, (they must have not masked it off when they painted it) which kind of bugged me, so I've been working on remove, deep cleaning (de-tarring and de-brake dusting), and wet sanding the inner barrels and polishing them to bright, shiney, uniform primered inner barrel look, removing the metallic overspray remnants. It changed their feel also from very rough feeling (in the area of the overspray) to smooth, which I think may make it easier to maintain and keep clean.

Im sorry though, I don't have the specification on the primer, but it does seem a ty0ical gray primer color. It seems very durable, though. I also haven't gotten any of the lifting/flaking like you showed - even around the few dings made by what must have been a tire changing machine, on the previous owner's watch, there is no evidence of flaking, or corrosion propagation.