View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 AM   #1
RandallNeighbour

Uh oh. Got a ride in a '14 Stingray...

Last week I had the pleasure of riding in a 2014 base Corvette Stingray with the adaptive suspension package and the base trim level.

I just about sucked the leather upholstery off the seat base when he put his foot in it from a dead stop in Track mode. The exhaust was glorious and made the visceral acceleration even more exciting. And this was the base motor, not the 600 hp turbocharged motor.

The Stingray also handled well around corners in Sport and Track modes and when it was in standard mode the ride was comfortable. I was not able to enjoy riding in or driving the car on a track so I can't compare it to my Boxster, but I have done a ride along in an older Corvette at the track and was impressed.

The owner had driven the Stingray about 5 hours the day before coming from his home in central Louisiana and said he put it in Economy mode and got 30 miles per gallon as well! 30 mpg from a big V8!!!

My Pcar days may be numbered, especially if I relocate to rural NC where Porsche dealerships and repair shops are 2 hours away in any direction and Chevy dealerships are everywhere.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote