Thread: Clutch
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
ToshoM

Clutch

Hi everyone,

I have been a member for few months now and have read numerous good articles just haven't really been able to be more active as much as I would like to, I have a few questions I was hoping I can get some advice from someone who's had a longer experience with Boxsters.

I have a 2003 base model with little over 46K miles on it, and just noticed some vibration, and little chipper maybe 2 out of 10 times when letting of the clutch in first gear, the pedal vibrates through all gears slightly when driving but happens like I said maybe 2 out of 10 times. How bad is my clutch gone, and should I replace it asap? This is my first manual car I bought it back in 2014 with 27K miles on it. Would it also be a good thing to replace the IMS bearing, I cant tell any signs of it going bad I've had a friend also look the car over when I replaced my water pump and he's told me not to worry as he's been there for 7 years now and hasn't seen a failed IMS bearing yet (he's a mechanic at a local Porsche dealer), I was actually told this by two different mechanics at different Porsche dealers.

Thank you.
ToshoM is offline   Reply With Quote