View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
Mauiguy

No alarm system in my car?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what type of alarm I have and I've come to the conclusion that I don't have one? Here's the story: I just got my '99 Boxster basic and when I lock the car, I see the LED flash a few times then stop. My keys are the basic keys, no buttons on them. In the manual it says I should see some other LED flash after the initial flashing and the diagram shows some thing on the top of the dashboard that I don't have (It's like some object several inches above the LED that I do have). I asked the previous owner and he said he didn't know! I came here to search and found out about the option codes so I looked up mine on more than one website and didn't see any of my codes corresponding to an alarm system. Yes I know I can test it by locking the car with the top down then waiting and opening the door from the inside, but I was afraid that if there is an alarm and it goes off I wouldn't be able to turn it off (I disconnected a battery for a neighbor whose alarm went off and it sounded off again when we reconnected the battery).
For reference, I've listed my options below, and note that I'm only listing the 3-digit codes from the sticker. Please let me know if the other sticker numbers will help.

xmy arctic silver painted roll-over bar
498 without model designation on rear end
502 produced at Valmet plant in Uusikaupunki, Finland
551 wind deflector
584 storage box on engine cover
688 CD radio CDR-210
981 leather dashboard and door panels
983 leather seats
Mauiguy is offline   Reply With Quote