View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 07:04 AM   #4
denverpete

I cannot, for the life of me, think of a single reason to buy a Boxster with 100k miles on it. Not one.

Even if this is the steal of the century, the maintenance costs are going to kill you. Hell, a new top is a couple grand at minimum. Why bother? There are so very many used Boxsters out there with low miles for relatively low money. You don't mention how much they are asking for this 100k miles Boxster but I'd be willing to be that whatever the asking price for another $3-5K you could get one with under 40k miles - and newer! Trust me - they aren't exactly flying off the used car lots so you should be able to negotiate pretty strongly.

I also strongly disagree with Chiefsalami that you want the lowest mileage. I think this forum has pretty much shown that you really want a Boxster with around 30K miles on it. Any possible engine failure is severely reduced after those miles. An older Boxster with low miles is ironically a risk. The vehicle hasn't been driven and unfortunately problems seem to crop up when the new owner starts driving it every day (see also: ME).

As to the RMS - I don't think mileage has much to do with it. It seems like a gremlin that just pokes it's nasty little German head up randomly....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote