View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
GTA_G20

My 2004 50th Anniversary Edition Boxster S Spyder 550

So ever since I can remember I've loved Porsches. I was born in 1980 to a moderately humble family. Dad back then has I think an 86 sunbird. Uncle was driving an Oldsmobile cuttlass supreme. But I loved everything about cars. Dads company use to give him a new company car every two years back in the 80s and early 90s as he was a service guy and they leased the cars. Mind u these are basic cars. Brand new but basic. Dodge spirit etc....the joys of him including me in the decision of what car to choose was so exciting as a 6-12 year old. He let me help him pick including the colour etc.

Then one day my buddy on my soccer team at age 8. So 1988. His dad rolls up in this red 2 door exotic. I was blown away because of never seen anything like this aside from my school friends dad who had a new silver 2m4 Fiero for those of u old enough to know what that was in the 80s. Anyways staying on topic. I asked my friend what the hell was it and why didn't he tell me his family was rich. All I recall is my dad said its a "porscha". From them at day forward I had to have it. By any means necessary.
Fast forward 20 years to 2008. I buy my first home. Break up with the gf and kick her @$$ out. I say to myself. Hmmmm there's only one thing I love more than **************************** and that's what I will focus spending my newly acquired time on.
The hunt began

Joined 986, renlist, rentech and pppb I think it was. I searched for over a year and then I found my first born. 1997 base in the white that I wanted. ******************** it's in South Carolina and its tiptronic. Ugh. But it's white and the price is right. Talked to the owner. He races miatas professionally and owns a tuner shop for mazdas. Client dropped the car off to diagnose. Cracked head. Sold car to mechanic and now mechanic to me. September 2009 which is just after my 29th bday. Rented an Envoy from Avis. Rented a uhaul car transporter after work on a Friday night. Returned home with the car on Monday morning.

7 years later I still love it everytime I see it. But I'm a man who needs a clutch and I'm always trolling for parts and deals...In Canada we have an app similar to craigslist we call it kijiji. I find this guy selling a 2004 Boxster S. No pictures. It's Friday night I've had a couple beers. Usually I never waste my time without seeing pics. But I'm bored and drunk. What could go wrong right? Fire off a text. No reply. Upset I'm being ignored. I call. He goes "is this your number I'll text u pics." I get the pics.

I'm thinking is this even an '04 cause he's got early 986 wheels. And there's no dual exhaust tip. So I call. "Hey bud. Just got your pics. U didn't send any of the interior. U sure it's a 6 speed not a 5 cause that's a single tipped exhaust". He replies. " ummm sorry. I'm pretty sure it's an S. It is 6speed. Maybe the muffler was changed. The car is 12 years old u know"

So I say F it. I'll go check it tomorrow. I go. It's def an 04 cause I know the bumpers. It's got the s front bumper. And the tail pipe. I've seen this before it's rare but can't think of it... I run the vin number and boom. It tells me it's indeed 550 Spyder edition. I go back to the car to double check. The 5spoke rims are missing. The batwing with the limited edition number. Missing. And I don't have cocoa top or interior. Wtf. Tell the buyer I'm gonna take it. I pay. Take her home. The power is on tap and the sound is phenomenal. I'm in love again but hate silver. I will accept it in time. Now it's time for repairs as soon as the parts from Woody arrive

Last edited by GTA_G20; 06-29-2016 at 01:08 PM.
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote