View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 09:04 PM   #22
hazardc

Yeah, I'm bumping an old thread.

This is the conundrum I always see with "boxster talk." There are always large numbers of people attesting that the 986 boxster-s is intentionally detuned to a degree, yet when someone inquires about gains through bolt-ons and dyno tuning... they are quickly shut down.

And once again, with nitrous, I've been thinking about it lately, though really am quite content at just having 99.9% of my fun flinging the car through corners.

With that said, would a conservative and progressive shot really be that bad? Forced induction is really out of the question and even if you can do it -- it costs a lot of money.

Nitrous can be controlled to come on like light boost and gradually add more power through the entire RPM range. (throttle and window switches along with a progressive controller)

I have no plans on doing it at this point, but would is this engine (3.2) really incapable of reliably holding a shot that progresses up to somewhere in the 50-75hp range?

that could add another dimension of fun to the car when you just have that urge to rip through a couple gears, and you wouldn't be just dumping a giant load onto the engine all at once... If the engine can handle a SC kit that adds anywhere in that range, there's no reason a progressive shot should be any more stressful. Plus we're not talking about using a **************** ton of giggle gas here, so you could use a fairly discreet system and not be filling it up all the time.. I don't care about drag racing -- I just sometimes miss having a bit more power.

Has anyone actually done it?
How much has this engine handled reliably with any other form of forced induction?
hazardc is offline   Reply With Quote